Here is the KEY INFORMATION for this weekend :
1. The campout is at McKeever Arena, 12190 S. Ridge Rd, Conifer.
Saturday September 30:
9:00 Arrive Webelos and Arrow of Light Scouts
10:00 alternate Outdoor Code & Leave No Trace stations with First Aid station
12:00 Arrive all other scouts. Sign In at the sign-in table!
– Picnic lunch on your own.
1:30 Service Project at McKeever
– plan to bring work gloves, shovels, rakes, and a wheelbarrow if you are able!
4:00 Afternoon Skills Stations
– Whittling Chip (knife safety): Bears and any Webelos or Arrow that doesn’t have the Whittling Chip done already. Younger scouts are not allowed to take the Chip training.
– Knots with Jason
– Slack Line Monkey Bars: Paul
– First Aid: Bob
– Fire Safety: Keith
– Hiking preparation: Kim (Wolves start here!)
5:30 Dinner – Arrow of Light scouts
– Arrows will make Cowboy Chili. Hot dogs will also be available
– If you have special dietary needs, please bring your own portions!
– Bears: salad or chips
– Wolves: fruits and/or vegetables
– Lions & Tigers: desserts – please bring bite sized portions appropriate for sharing!
– Webelos: build and light a fire
– Arrows: campfire skit
– Cider, Hot Chocolate , Marshmallows for roasting, provided by the pack
– please bring your own camp chairs for the fire.
Sunday October 1
7:00 Start Breakfast – Webelos
– pack will bring: eggs, turkey sausage, hash browns.
– and any appropriate leftovers from the night before!
– Arrows: mini muffins, doughnut holes – some starch in small bites
– Webelos: juices for breakfast. Doesn’t have to be orange juice!
8:30 Tear Down and Pack Up
10:00 Police Line
– This is a Scouting tradition where we as a group canvass the entire camping area to get every last trace of our visit picked up, as part of our Leave No Trace principles and respect for our hosts at McKeever.
- Sleeping Pad
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Cub Scout Uniform
- Cub Scout 10 Essentials
- Day Pack
- Water Bottles (drink lots of water!)
- Rain suit, Raincoat or Poncho
- Sunscreen and Hats
- Extra Clothing: Pants, Shirts, Sweaters/Fleece, Socks, Underwear, Shoes. Warm coat, hat, mittens.
- Tiger/Wolf/Bear/Webelos Book
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Comb, Shampoo, Soap
- Flashlight or Headlamp
- Medications in Original Container